The Orientation Challenge is a program designed to connect new students through a series of activities and challenges. Students are put into groups of four and given a series of “challenges” through the Deckle app timed throughout Orientation. As a Student Ambassador, you will be designing, delivering and participating in the program on a voluntary basis, which will give you a range of opportunities to develop and practice your professional skills. To become an Ambassador, you have to be passionate about the program and be a strong advocate for enhancing the student experience by supporting the delivery of the program.
- Contribute towards the design and implementation of planned activities
- Engage with students at in person events and activities
- Assist with activities organised as part of the program
- Commit to regular meetings with the committee to plan and delivery program. Meetings will be delivered in hybrid mode.
- Current student at the University of Melbourne
- Enjoys working in a team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Willingness to contribute and develop the program to enhance the student experience
- Ambassadors are required to participate in team meetings (online and in person) in the lead up to Semester 1, 2023 Orientation.
- Have previously participated in The Orientation Challenge program or been involved in any student volunteer capacities at the university
Benefits of being an Ambassador
- Be part of a University Project that is offered to all commencing students at Orientation
- Contribute your ideas into enhancing the student experience at Orientation
- Develop teamwork, communication and project management skills
- Add valuable working experience to your resume
- Build your professional network and connections with University staff
Expected Volunteer hours
Participate in team meetings, contribute towards the design and prototyping of activities in the lead-up to Orientation Semester 1, 2023 and present at events during Orientation.
- Application submission deadline: Friday 2 December 2022
- Interview week: Monday 5 December to Friday 9 December 2022
- The program kick off meeting: Wednesday 14 December 2022
- The program review session: Wednesday 21 December 2022
- Social meets: Wednesday 4 January 2023 onwards
How to apply
Online applications are preferred. Please click here to fill out the application form.
Contact: Orientation Team
Phone number: +61 3 9035 7575